Author Topic: TV'S  (Read 2098 times)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
TV'S
« on: February 19, 2021, 06:31:07 AM »
With all the new Technology and cheaper prices these days I was thinking of putting our 10 year old + 55'' tv on the patio and upgrading to a newer Smart tv to the living room. Yeah the newest and greatest Tv's are still expensive still, so I am thinking on keeping it somewhat simple but still way better than what I have now. Any input or advise would help  ;) So we going to  '' LOOK '' this weekend , Costco is the first stop, wish me luck cause I am still trying to figure out my Smart phone :-[ :-[ 

skrilla

• Leopard
    • View Profile
Re: TV'S
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 10:58:30 AM »
Got an LG from Costco a few months back. Has all the smart crap on it and it's been flawless so far. Don't think spent more than 500 on it. D1 scouts would of been impressed the way my 1 year old destroyed the one it replaced.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 12:31:10 PM »
Got an LG from Costco a few months back. Has all the smart crap on it and it's been flawless so far. Don't think spent more than 500 on it. D1 scouts would of been impressed the way my 1 year old destroyed the one it replaced.

Thanks, LG or Samsung from Costco look pretty good and I believe the LG is a better tv according to the guru at Costco  ;D ;D Glad to see some feedback  ;)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2021, 07:14:43 AM »
Went to Costco and came home with a 65'' Sony, good price and a better warranty, hope it lasts as long as my Samsung. ::) ::)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 07:18:01 AM »
Went to Costco and came home with a 65'' Sony, good price and a better warranty, hope it lasts as long as my Samsung. ::) ::)

I have a 65" Sony.  Great TV!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

mdcesq

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 04:13:13 AM »

We bought a large Samsung for our family room and an LG for the bedroom in 2016, from Costco. They've been great, but I guess the pre-2018 Samsung internet browsers aren't as capable (most people just download the apps, instead of looking things up old-school style on the browser, so no biggie). We bought a huge Samsung last year for my son, and it's been great (browser, if you use it, works fine). Funny, in just a couple years the prices dropped by about half. Good luck.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2021, 08:38:54 AM »
The new QLED and OLED tv's are awesome but just like everything else, they will come down in price and become the new standard. I still have a tv my parents gave me for my 18th birthday and it still works great :o I doubt these new tv's will last 36 years ;)  For now the old 55'' will be relocated from the living room to our bedroom and if this new Sony smart tv impresses me then I will buy another one for the patio, Summer time outdoor dining is looking to be more relaxing 8)