Author Topic: Marina Del raaa  (Read 1561 times)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Marina Del raaa
« on: March 18, 2021, 09:01:47 PM »
https://youtu.be/Tt-tG6ufH90?t=193

Arrived at Marina Del raaa around 0730.

First stop in 70 feet of water. Metered a lot down there but didn't look like gamefish. A couple squid tentacles later, I'd caught oh bout 8 bad boy blacksmiths.

Headed into shallower and shallower water looking to get away from them. They were everywhere, probably by the thousands. Eventually headed up the coast in tight to Malibu looking at boilers. Very nice clear water but cold! 54º, woof. Saw a ton of girabaldis but they wouldn't bite. Not that I'd want them to, that's illegal.

Threw swimbaits and squid at boilers for no action. Found a kelp forest that was quiet. Decided to go back to deeper water. Found a whitefish spot. Caught 4, kept one decent one before moving on.

Lake-like conditions today, but when I made the move to go further offshore to 200-250ft, which was a 10 mile run from Malibu, the wind slowly but surely put the hammer down. Started off at WOT and slowly had to back off more and more until I found myself crawling half a mile from the spot. Finally went with the conservative decision and just bailed on the fishing and headed in with the following sea. Slow steady slog back to the harbor was broken up by different pods of dolphins leading me for what must have been a couple miles. Very nice, kind of sacred moment, to have the company of 20+ dolphins hanging out with me for so long after a solo day.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 09:43:52 PM by jrodda »

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: Marina Del raaa
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 03:07:29 AM »
Glad you're getting out Jeremy, Theresa has caught some nice spotties from her yak in the harbor there.  Keep it up, love the write ups
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Marina Del raaa
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 07:53:50 PM »
Dolphins are always nice company 8)