Author Topic: Batson SWAG "Forum Only" Contest  (Read 5514 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Batson SWAG "Forum Only" Contest
« on: March 30, 2021, 05:34:13 AM »
I want to have some swag for the people who frequent the forum rather than just the FB page.

The contest is simple.  All you have to do is post a picture of your Go-To set up and give a quick description.
Example, if you have a favorite Bat Ray rod/reel, let us know your favorite story with that set up and post a picture.  The first 3 forum members who do this will get a hat and shirt donated by Bill Batson.

Pretty simple and sweet swag to win!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Batson SWAG "Forum Only" Contest
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 09:48:01 PM »
 I guess my favorite setup and go to rod and reel would be ..........I know it ain't fancy, but it works, ........ my Shakespeare Alpha 12' paired with a Daiwa Opus 6000 reel. 40 Lb. line with the basic hook, bead and 2oz sliding sinker. My only setup that has landed a few Bats. I have since graduated to a Penn Fathom 30 reel on a 12' Offshore Angler Breakwater rod and only hooked into one Bat that broke me off. My first Bat was Bat Fight of 2013

Hope to land a winner in 2021
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 08:11:24 PM by Tim524 »

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 05:34:24 AM »
Awesome Tim!  Shirt and hat coming your way!

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 08:23:19 AM »
My all time favorite set up is my 12' Penn Prevail that Longcast Joe sent me after I blew a guide out on my Sealine.  Combined with an old school Penn 9500SS that set up was bullet proof.  Not the most elegant, lightest, or longest casting set up, but absolutely reliable.  I landed all my favorite catches with it.  104" Sevengill, 50"+ Bat Ray, and 50 lb. BSB.  I sure do miss fishing for big game, but it's warming up here and I'll be out chasing freshwater fish soon.  I'll keep posting my reports for that stuff here.
Miss you guys!

BenCantrell

• Leopard
  • catch all the species!
    • View Profile
    • Ben Cantrell's fish species blog
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 10:36:31 AM »
That 104" sevengill is a BEAST!

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 05:49:44 PM »
My all time favorite set up is my 12' Penn Prevail that Longcast Joe sent me after I blew a guide out on my Sealine.  Combined with an old school Penn 9500SS that set up was bullet proof.  Not the most elegant, lightest, or longest casting set up, but absolutely reliable.  I landed all my favorite catches with it.  104" Sevengill, 50"+ Bat Ray, and 50 lb. BSB.  I sure do miss fishing for big game, but it's warming up here and I'll be out chasing freshwater fish soon.  I'll keep posting my reports for that stuff here.
Miss you guys!

Got a hat and shirt for you also Chad!  You got some beauties down here!

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2021, 11:28:56 PM »
My tank setup has been the base Avet MXJ paired with a Penn Carnage ii 12' H. Typically running 80# shock leader but as soon as I burn through that spool I'm bumping up to 100#. I've landed all 5 of my sevengills on it up to 94", and so far the setup has made it unfair for all those sharks.

My favorite experience with the setup was catching the PB when I had my fishing buddy with me, the only time another fisherman has seen me land a 7. The fight only took a couple minutes of running down the beach, then when I got it in the shallows, I told him to go tail it and drag it back up the beach. He got close to it, took one look, and said "why don't I take the rod and you go tail it?"

Every time for the last couple months, I look at the conditions to go sharking, and the beach is blown out through the night. Really hoping to see a good weather window soon, it's been over a year since I landed my last 7. I'm chomping at the bit to get over the 100" mark.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 12:21:19 AM by jrodda »

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2021, 05:31:43 AM »
My tank setup has been the base Avet MXJ paired with a Penn Carnage ii 12' H. Typically running 80# shock leader but as soon as I burn through that spool I'm bumping up to 100#. I've landed all 5 of my sevengills on it up to 94", and so far the setup has made it unfair for all those sharks.

I'm chomping at the bit to get over the 100" mark.

Hat and shirt #3 is won by jrodda!

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2021, 05:34:02 AM »
All three sets are now accounted for.  I have to see what size shirts they have in the box, but PM me your addresses and shirt sizes.  I'll reach out to you on what I have and when I get them out in the mail.   8)

LONGCAST JOE

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2021, 10:00:30 PM »
Miss you guys!

Bat Fight aint the same without you and Fam Chad!

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2021, 11:20:58 AM »

Bat Fight aint the same without you and Fam Chad!

I sure miss fishing you Joe! Hope you're doing well!

Tom, Thanks for the shirt and hat!!  8)