Author Topic: San Diego Bay  (Read 1791 times)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
San Diego Bay
« on: April 02, 2021, 07:51:33 PM »
  Took the twins to SD Bay to switch it up a bit, they haven't been since last summer. Launched out of Pepper Park and headed North towards the bridge. We stopped about 1/2 way and drifted a bit and got bit instantly :) We then headed to Glorietta Bay but The Rangers had it  occupied with divers in the water so we headed back to the bridge. The Spotties were on the chew and Max got a small Hali. We headed back South and drifted with the sock this time and it was so much better. We scraped up more Spotties , another Hali and a Barracuda ( slimy bastard ) I think we lost as many as we landed, but it was a fun day of catching fish not knowing what else might bite ;)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: San Diego Bay
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 10:27:04 PM »
Nice variety, looks like a fun day!

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 11:48:38 AM »
Bass, Butts and Cuda!  That will probably be my first SW trip when my shoulder id ready to drive the boat.  Easy boating and easy catching. 

You need a Spot-Lock trolling motor next!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2021, 02:59:21 PM »

You need a Spot-Lock trolling motor next!
[/quote]

I have one on the Toon, works great.  The Ass Rack needs quite a bit of newer technology :-[

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2021, 01:16:28 AM »
Looks like everyone had a good time Tim, thanks for sharing.  Theresa and I are taking my dad out this morning to Newport Harbor and renting a skiff, gonna do the old live bait thing.  Hopefully I'll post something   ;)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect