Author Topic: Donkey Wrangling March Mayhem 3/21/15  (Read 17692 times)

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Donkey Wrangling March Mayhem 3/21/15
« on: March 22, 2015, 10:52:00 AM »
Needed to get outta the pad, so we flipped a coin between the salt and the fresh. Fresh won and we did too...

Got to my aunties pond round 330, tried the dock for 30mins for a few nibbles. Saw some boils across the way and jumped in the boat to see what was up. I Got a few clones on reaction baits.

My girls creepin a paddle tail Senko and hooks up to a hawg that had some shoulders on it. she fought her like a pro and when she finally showed herself I grabbed the beast and it turned out to be her PB!

Beautiful 5.5-6# green hawg!

She was absolutely stoked and I couldn't be more proud of her! Well she set the bar high with her 1st fish! So I tied on a worm and went to work looking for a biggin of my own. Few clones a piece later I hook into a better fish, she laughed when I asked for a pic, of a 3.5#r! Gotta love it when your woman can talk enough sh!t to actually make you a lil more motivated ;)

My lil 3.5# phatty B)

We caught a few more on that spot b4 I wanted to go see whats left of the pond. We made a lap and passed a gorgeous rock pile, I told my girl we were gonna stick em there. Finished the sight seein and crept into the middle of the two boulders. I decided to throw a darker bait since the water was pretty murked up and figured a creature bait would be a good choice for these pre-spawn bass. I told my girl b4 I hooked my bait on that this is the bait ima stick my phatty on! She chuckled and said okay as she cracked open a big eye and sent up a smoke signal, so I did the same ;) I Put my bass mask on and got real serious as I made my 1st cast toward the monolith emerging from the agua. I feel my bait hit the bottom, crawlin it over a couple rocks when I get absolutely CRUSHED! Instant drag rippin, strong pulls at will, 20lb braid flying off the reel, this was the one! My girl sees me battling this monster and gets everything outta my way since the fish was kickin my a$$! She never showed herself until she went under the back of the boat and I coaxed her around to the side and saw a huge flash as she ripped out into open water again. Beast babe!! GIANT!!! Was bout all I could say b4 she finally gave in and jumped right at the boat trying to throw the hook. After the second jump that almost gave me a heart attack I managed to lip the monster!

Perspective shot B) that's what u call a phatty!

Release shot

Needless to say I still have that sh!t eatin grin on my face! We caught a few more clones after that, my girl was tryin like hell to get one bigger than mine! But today was my day, finally!

We drove off into the sunset round 745, stopped for a Strong Island for her to drown her defeat and I celebrated with a few sculpins! Damn, what a day. Glad she wanted to go fishin! Glad the fish gods sent me to the lake instead of the surf or bay with all the crowds B)

Sorry for the long report not every day I get the fish of a lifetime, at least I feel I've been waiting a lifetime for a fish like that! So stoked my girl was there to see it and to see her get her new PB!

Rastafar-gone B)<==*~~~

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Donkey Wrangling March Mayhem 3/21/15
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 10:55:07 AM »
Holy smokes, Josh!  That is about to make the cover of the website for sure this week!

What an epic Springtime bass session!  That sh!t eating grin will be stuck on your face for days!   8)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 10:13:08 PM »
Holy Crap J. ... nice PB bro!!!

Can't wait to take my boys out for LMBs this year!!!  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Jaws

• Mud Marlin
  • Bitten by the shark bug!
    • View Profile
    • Sharkbite Photography
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 11:17:51 AM »
Hog central right there bro! Way to go!
It's all Tom and Don's fault! They "hooked" me on mud marlins and sharks!

SNBF VI  Winner

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 11:43:43 AM »
Pretty hard to beat a session like that, fun stuff right there 8)

faster u fool

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 09:47:09 AM »
wrecking Rasta 8)
GET OUT AND GET BIT..