Author Topic: A Post?!?! Miramar Tubin' 4/7/15  (Read 16790 times)

Nicky

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
A Post?!?! Miramar Tubin' 4/7/15
« on: April 08, 2015, 02:35:55 PM »
Spring break rocks!  ;D My dad dropped me off at Miramar around 7:00ish and I fished until 2:30ish (thank you Papa!).  I made a few casts at the boat docks with the Big Bait for nothing so I kicked across to the opposite shoreline starting on Clairemont Point.  I threw the big baits around for a bit unsucessfully as there were big trout jumping, most around 5-7lbs (yep big ones!).  Then I transitioned to the tules staying about 20-30ft off the shore looking for bedders/cruisers on either side of the tube.  The wind/occasional cloud cover made it tough to sight fish but very easy to sneek up on fish as within a few minutes the bedders/cruisers started to pop up.  I found in the two coves I fished (Bernardo Bay & Poway Arm) the fish kept themselves on the left sides of the tules protected by the wind and in the backs of the coves.  They hit a variety of baits from dropshotted 4.5" Margarita Mutilator Roboworms, 3"- 4.5" beavers, and mini jigs.  Not many fish were on beds though there were many beds that were just plain abandoned signaling the end of the spawn but cruisers were easy to aggrevate into eating.  I did have one bass about 5lbs follow the big bait not to eat   >:(  and a hard bite that didn't stick but left it's mark... I ended with 6 bass from  1/2lb to 2lbs.  Not big but any bass at Miramar is a feat to catch!

Hmmmmm....  ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_t-vDl5AQQ

a little release video

Hope this helps!

Nicky

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: A Post?!?! Miramar Tubin' 4/7/15
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 04:05:10 PM »
Looks like fun, those are some nice looking largemouth!
Hope you get more time to fish during your break!

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 04:10:04 PM »
Killer way to spend the day.

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 05:19:21 PM »
Nice toobin Nicky! Them miramar bass are finicky, bedders usually can't resist a white curly tail ;) as for the big baits, that's a whole nother ball game, from the tube it can be seriously taxing throwing a big 8-10 in bait with just your upper body and back. But when u do get one be careful, the combo of big fish, stiff rod and a wet seat can cause some slippage... jus food for thought, man I need to dust my tube off real soon B)

skrilla

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 05:51:56 PM »
Way to get em Nicky.  8)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 07:52:24 PM »
You're an animal, Nicky!  Great job on the bass, especially since they weren't Barrett Bass!  Nice looking fish there and THANKS for starting up this board!   ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 06:59:29 AM »
Another solo trip, WTG ! Nice battle scars on the lure 8)

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 01:56:49 PM »
Awesome stuff Nicky!

Is it summer already???  8) 8) 8)