Author Topic: Monday Murray Murderage 6/1/15  (Read 12891 times)

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Monday Murray Murderage 6/1/15
« on: June 02, 2015, 06:31:08 AM »
Stopped by my buddy Diesel's (Derek) shop in santee  yesterday after work, and he says let's go hit murray. I said it's 545... he said well I got nothin else to do... I didn't either so we hauled ass to his pad to grab the boat and beer and we're on the agua at 615 with 1.75hrs to catch a fish. Within 20 mins he sticks one on TW.

Not huge but TW at murray is hard to come by. Not 5 casts later I hear a big slurp and he's on again! With a pig this time!

Couldn't believe he stuck that pig on TW, at murray of all places! So I throw on a fluke and start twitching and crankin. Wasn't what they wanted, I farmed a lil one and sure enough Diesel's on again with another Lil scrappy greenie!

So I'm pretty much just along for the ride at this point. But it's all good, I love being a part of an incredible bite even if I'm not actually getting bit. It's almost 730 and we can see the ranger makin his way around the lake in his truck, I tell Derek let's hit one last point that usually holds some fish, as soon as we finish that conversation he gets another smaller fish.

Well its about 745 now and we're pretty much done, bout 10mins later we say ok that was awesome helluva spur of the moment trip, Yada Yada, last casts. He throws up next to the tullies and walks the bait over a layed own tullie and gets his back treble hung up and as he's trying to get it unstuck I see him get absolutely CRUSHED! OMFG BRO! WTF! The fish is trying to get unstuck from the tullie he's trying to get the fish unstuck and not lose her and it's a DONKEY! He manged to get her off the stick and she goes ape sh!t! 3 huge head shakes and jumps and she goes straight under the boat b4 he grabbed her phat lip and every jogger on the lake heard both of us hootin n hollerin!

DD Donkey

8:01pm shes back swimming. that's all she wrote, not bad for under 2hrs less than 4 miles from my buddy's pad!

Rastafar-gone B)<===*~~~

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Monday Murray Murderage 6/1/15
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 06:40:57 AM »
Jeez!  That was my old go to trout pond with Dave back in the day!

Wow, that lake was hit hard on the bass this year according to Dave.  He said it looked like a Glitterboat Tourney almost every day, so very impressive especially on the topwater.  he killed it!  Too bad there are no northern strain largemouth in there or you might have done pretty good.  he he

Well done guys!   8)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 03:38:14 PM »
Wow, those are some solid bass!!!!!!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 04:34:20 PM »
Dayum another great bass report!  8) 8) 8)