Author Topic: A nice day of fishing  (Read 14026 times)

faster u fool

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
A nice day of fishing
« on: July 13, 2015, 06:49:01 PM »
Johnny and I needed to take the boat out to test it before our tournament next week we were not sure how it was running as it was smoking and had a really bad idle p so we launched out of Mission Bay and headed about three and a half to four miles out our goal was to look for yellowtail and tuna make a big loop and come back and fish for calicos for the tournament next week so we headed out of Mission Bay and made it about three three and a half miles looking for patties we found a few but they were vacant no bait no birds no fish once we got near La Jolla we are going to call it a day and go in for the calicos but then I saw a school of dolphin but just then I saw tuna rolling and boiling just as I said to Johnny let's turn they went down we still headed that way and we had no graph to find the fish as it was frozen I could however seawater Tim and look at that we went from 67 degrees 270 in about 100 yards just as I hit 70 I saw a fish boil next to the boat I had Johnny start throwing the irons on them and in 3 cast he was hooked up he worked hard and got it to the boat circling up just when a seal came and took it we chase the CL down threw everything we had at it ran him over and couldn't get him to let go of the tail long story short the co 140 plus pound yellowfin we continued on and look for more life but there was nothing no birds no babe no nothing no dolphin we headed in and Johnny got a nice Kaliko he had to work so we headed to Point Loma and started some inside fishing we did that for a little bit about 20 minutes and I stuck a giant I never turn the head of the fish but saw it in about six foot of water and broke my not headed in good day of fishing bad day of catching
GET OUT AND GET BIT..

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: A nice day of fishing
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 06:32:14 AM »
Holy crap, what a day!  Man, you can't win them all and hope a little luck is on your side at times.  Bummer on the lost beasts, but I am sure we will see something from you soon!

8)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

faster u fool

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: A nice day of fishing
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 10:08:03 AM »
ok that post was retarded.  I dictated it on my phone..lol  it was a 40lb yellow fin also..
GET OUT AND GET BIT..