Author Topic: Big Baits = BIG BASS at the Lil B 8/9/15  (Read 14793 times)

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Big Baits = BIG BASS at the Lil B 8/9/15
« on: August 10, 2015, 11:22:38 AM »
had a long work week and had to send my 15yr old cat chubbs to the next life on Thursday :'( after getting hammered Friday night, I slept Saturday afternoon away after I got off work... so had to do a Sunday evening recuperation sesh with Tinkerbell to get my head right B)

On the lake round 430, head to a spot I did some damage at with my cousin last Sunday. 1st cast I get bit and hook up as Tinkerbell does the same. Good sign couple 2#rs and we fish the spot for another 20mins for nada... 1st cast curse?  Nope she gets 2 more clones after I farm a good one. Fish for another 10 without a bite so we move spots. I was surprised there were actually 2 boats still on the agua when we rolled up, cruise past both boats and head to another spot my cousin and I got fish at last week and sure enough they were still there. Tinkerbell hooks up 1st, with the shrubbery on the shore line lol! As I retie her rig I hand her my rod and sure enough she gets bit and hooks a nice 4.5# chunker :/

Well she's on top so I quickly give her back her rod and get back into the zone since I gotta dethrone her B)  we get into a nice pick of 2-3#rs on 5" senkos and I decide to break out the 7" and go big for a biggin. After weeding out a few clones on the big worm she gets 3 more 3#rs on the 5" and Im starting to rethink my strategy... I stick with it despite her catchin more fish, I just wanted that one big bite. I make a long cast towards a rock clearing on the grassy shore line, as my bait slaps the water 30-40 small shad all jump from the splash. I knew I was gonna get bit, but I just let it sink and do its Senko magic B) as I'm finishing my burrito I take a bite and see my line jump and then start goin towards open water. I jump up drop my food and swing for the fences! Instant rod double overage, drag rippin, ten # floro singing in the breeze! Biggin! Babe! Giant! I can't complete a sentence as this fish is bulldoggin me into deep water lookin for something to wrap me up in. She would come up but never out of the water all I could see were huge swirls from her shaking her huge head and thumpin her tail subsurface. Holy sh!t babe she's big big! Oh phuq not the anchor rope! as she B-lined for it I managed to turn her and she goes under the boat and turns back to open water and finally lifts her bucket mouth outta the agua and I get my 1st good look at the monster! Daaaayum! Holy sh!t! She's as big as I thought! She proceeds to go aerial several times, back flopping and rolling, too fat to get completely outta the agua! She finally gives me one last head shake and I get my hand on her giant lip!

Str8 up fatty!

Shoulder shot B)

Had to get some shots of my girl with her, jus for perspective ;)

The $ $hot!

Sent her back home, jus chilled for a few, finished my beer, sent up a smoke signal and threw my burrito into the bushes ;) rigged my girl up a 7" and she went looking for a monster of her own B) it wasn't meant to be though as she couldn't get the 2-3#rs to stay off the big bait, but she had fun anyway, even if she doesn't look like it B)

She got another 4 fish b4 I got back in the agua and got another decent 4# fish.

As the chase boat fires up the fish started boiling off the rocks right in front of the boat and we picked off a few b4 we had to pack up and go say our goodbyes and thank yous to my auntie and uncle ;)

After a beer at their house we headed for the hood and found a few giant arachnids cruising the dirt road in the dark 8)

Closed the gates and over the hills we went another epic barrett trip in the books, jus me and my girl, some greenery, cold sculpins and big bass what else does a man need? A cold sculpin on tap to ice down my bass hand :D

Rastafar-gone B)<===*~~~

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
Re: Big Baits = BIG BASS at the Lil B 8/9/15
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 11:29:28 AM »
The bass hand!!! Nice  8) 8) 8)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 01:15:46 PM »
Nice bass Josh!  Seriously though, it was Tinkerbell that caught it right?  She makes that bucket mouth look much better!   ;D

Awesome session guys.   8)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 02:43:19 PM »
Almost made it look like fun.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 10:54:25 PM »
Not much into green bass, but the two of you got some toads!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 11:17:56 AM »
Thanks for the kudos guys! Still got a sh!t eatin grin :D

Tom, unfortunately she hasn't broke the 7# mark out there yet ;) I only know about a handful of guys who have. But I know she will, probably sooner than later, so stay tuned we'll be back at it this weekend.

Squatch, it's fun to me, makes me feel like a kid again, not that you can remember what that's like anymore B)

Mike, bass fishin is my roots, been at it for almost 25yrs and i think I'm jus starting to figure it out ;) Nice to get away from the summertime crowds and catch fish with my chick out in the secluded east county hills. I feel seriously blessed to have this place as my "back pocket spot"!

Dave, bass hand is something most dream about ;) you know you had a good day when your Palm is more chewed up than your thumb is B)

BTW, thanks for the cover Tom! Jus saw that ;)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 11:19:53 AM by j.rasta »

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 12:12:37 PM »
sh!t, I would be happy to feel your age again. Maybe I should take up bass fishin.

faster u fool

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2015, 09:03:08 AM »
Thats how its done... 8) 8)
GET OUT AND GET BIT..