Author Topic: Hard work finally paying off....  (Read 14083 times)

faster u fool

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Hard work finally paying off....
« on: August 15, 2015, 12:58:16 PM »
Jonny and I fished our last SBS bay series tournament for the season.  We pre fished one day the week before to see if we could locate the spawners.  We did.  So we had a game plan and stuck to it all day.  We basically circuit fished all the spots we knew held fish.  Alot of boats weould be in the areas so we kinda had to bounce around.  We had a decent limit early so we tried some new stuff we thought might work.  It didn't so back to basics we went.  It was pretty tough trying to upgrade late in the morning/afternoon.  We hammered the 13. 7/8 in fish and had a handfull of legals we couldn't upgrade.  We then mad a move to find my buddies fishing the spot we wanted.  (where they lost two BIG ones)  we bounced just outside to stick a 2.36 fish for our first upgrade and big fish for the tournament.  Keeping at it we then upgraded two more times by just oz's.  I ended up with the token big flat bass, and probably 90 to hundred shorts.  Felt good going into the weigh in, until we saw josh and ryans bag.  and dennis and eddie putting there fish in a bag..  but then it all happened.  first out of the money,  4th place,  we had more...  ohh boy.  second big fish went to ty and tj Ponder.  we had a bigger fish..  It was al lining up..   Ended up with third Place, and big fish for 1100.00 bucks and a cousins raze rod and Diawa tatula hd reel.  plus a pile of other goodies...Wow I coldn't be more stoked.  on the podium and big fish...... 8)  Pow.. We have been on the move and hope the momentum stays as we are in great contention for the flex region points and championship tournament.  We also were able to secure 2nd big fish our last inshore tournament...  Funny how fun fishing you get wrecked and tournament day its a grind.  but makes it a lot of fun yet frustrating.
I can always find a flat bass when I'm not looking for them..  We bounced and released it.

Doing work on the battle wagon..The live well pump had a wire break and had to make a repair in  the channel.

8.08 bag for third.

So stoked..finally got some wood....

Money.......

Hope to get in the championship.. we will know for sure sept.  We should be good as we are in third for Flex region, which is inshore and bay combined.
Ohh yeah and almost all fish came on the A rig flash mob style with blades on four arems and 3.5 in. sierra slammers blue shiner...

GET OUT AND GET BIT..

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Hard work finally paying off....
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 06:24:36 PM »
Congrats guys! you definitely put the work in, well deserved podium and big fish bonus!

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 10:28:12 PM »
Congrats Guys!!! Well earned indeed!!!!

Bravo!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

skrilla

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 01:58:18 PM »
Congrats and good luck.  8)

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 11:11:47 PM »
Sick! A lot of hard work put in. Congrats~!  8) 8)

faster u fool

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 11:22:00 AM »
Thanks guys
GET OUT AND GET BIT..