Author Topic: Back to Clemente 9-6  (Read 15442 times)

faster u fool

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Back to Clemente 9-6
« on: September 11, 2014, 03:06:21 PM »
Damn.  We knew it might be rough, But thought what the hay.  Planned on another Calico trip and to watch the tournament action around the island.  Headed out of oside on my buddies 22ft Triton.    Well as Tom knows the wind was up.  Swell was up but long periods.  We made the run anyway and it was beyond bumpy.  The little boat handled great and took it like a champ. The ride wan't too bad if you were at or behing the Center console.  the little seat in front was no good.  we made it out there in just under 3 hrs. and let em have it.  Once again wide open crazy fish.  Not as good quality in the kelp as the wind was howling and blowing your drift to pieces.  We fished the inside up tight and  dug through some good ones.  If we could keep the boat in line with the kelp and the boiling fish it was crazy, but tough.  We did see some birds and yellow boiling just outside and tried for them with the Iron, but no luck..The Ride home was a little smoother but very very very very wet..soaked to the bone.....but made it back in 2.5 hours..The things we do to catch some fish..lol  I LOVE IT.

The sled..

Mike with a good one.

Choked on the 9 inch grumpy bait.

Pancho

inside calico on the surface iron

Shane found some gold on the inside too.

Once again a killer day out there..  It just pushes me closer to getting my boat...

GET OUT AND GET BIT..

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Back to Clemente 9-6
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 03:34:28 PM »
 I haven't fished Clemente since high school or shortly thereafter. Obviously I have been missing out.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 06:48:14 PM »
Damn... I have never made it out there, but you have driven me to do so really soon!  Excellent Bass'in Chris!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

faster u fool

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 03:54:09 PM »
Thanks guys its a 50mi. drive hidden jewel. lol.  I thought you guys bounced around it a while back?..Right now is great if you hit patties on the way out or try yellow around. its got it all.  but a long drive.
GET OUT AND GET BIT..

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 06:37:50 AM »
Closest I have been is seeing a dark shape on the horizon fishing offshore this year.

MASSfisher

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 07:49:39 AM »
Hell yea Chris. That is how it is done!