Author Topic: From Oside to San Clemente and back.  (Read 12284 times)

faster u fool

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
From Oside to San Clemente and back.
« on: September 11, 2014, 02:47:09 PM »
Ok second try at the post. lost the first one?  well got the invite last week to make the trip over to clemente for some big bass fishing.  The days prior had the HUGE swell that pounded the coast.  The day we had picked the swell dies down to 2-3ft. but was at 6 sec.  we were not too sure about the ride over taking too long, so we grabbed a scoop of dines (great bait in oside) and dediced to head that way and see how it went.  As we were putting over no wind, glass water, just that pesky 6sec swell.  We found a tiny little patty about 7 miles out of the harbor and stopped on it.  All we had was the bass gear so we made do.  Dropped my first bait in the water and it was slammed at the surface.  First missed bite.  Second bait made it out about 5 seconds and goes off.  Put it in gear and around the boat we went.  lol. then the other guys go off.  First round, a triple.  Landed all three and it was a blast.  Dropped another bait in and boom off again on a double.  Got those critters in the boat and the bite died off.  We didn't spend anymore time looking for them and moved on as it was slow going.  Stopped at a few more nice patties and some boiling fish, but nothing right off and moved on.  I know there was fish around by the way the bait would bolt from the patty or just tail walk and not even think about going down.  The capt. wanted to keep on moving.  I was kinda bummed, but we went for bass i guess.  As we approached the island, we stopped on another patty and got a couple hits right off.  but it slowed a bit.  As we drifted from it they wanted to head into the kelp.  I asked give me a minute. and worked my dine just a bit with some tuggs and boom on again.  This time the Blue fin.  To my surprise they really dint want to give it much more time and we headed into the island.  Thats what we went for and that is what we got.  Full speed big calico fishing in the kelp lanes. fish boiling, wolf packs, bonito, and rat yellows plowing through.  Had the time of our lives pulling on those Calicos.  Best fish on the day was on my last cast.  8lb.  Ride home was great were able to run 20knts. and get home safe and sound.  Stopped off at a few Patties but no action at all..
Bass gear Tuna.. Double

Nice one trying to keep from a seal..

On the boat.

The Blue Fin.  These thing will burn some drag.

Then instant bendo on full speed Calicos..What we came for.

Last cast pig.  we caught tons of fish. all quality..Beautiful day out there.

The calico were caught on Big Pancho (pictured above)  weedless baits from 7 to 9in.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 02:49:27 PM by faster u fool »
GET OUT AND GET BIT..

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: From Oside to San Clemente and back.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 06:50:31 PM »
I've been waiting WEEKS for this one!  LOL

I have some stickers to send your way, Chris.  PM me your addy and I'll get them out when I get back from NJ next week.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

faster u fool

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: From Oside to San Clemente and back.
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 03:52:13 PM »
Hahahah ;D took a while to get the pics then fishing gets in the way..lol
GET OUT AND GET BIT..