Author Topic: Nov 7 Morning Session  (Read 2083 times)

Castmaster

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
Nov 7 Morning Session
« on: November 07, 2015, 05:14:59 PM »
Woke up around 4:30 AM today, thought I'd go and start soaking before sunrise.  Made me a cup of coffee and went out to have a smoke.  Damn it was cold!  Decided to wait a bit longer and hit the surf at sunrise.  Got to the beach around 7AM and brought one long rod for soaking and a light setup for casting jigs.  Was hoping that the big critters are back.  It has been many weeks now with no bats or leos.  I got some nice hits on the long rod on a long soak, but I knew they were not the right kind.  Decided to start throwing jigs to reduce the boredom.  Slow bouncing the jig, I got hit by a sand bass.  The water was very clear, and I saw some small butts following my jig as it nears the beach.  It gave me hope that maybe there are bigger models around.  Nada.  Decided to pack it up, and go move to the rocks for more  bass.  Hooked and released some more bass and macks.  Then on one of my casts, I hooked a fighter.  Thought at first it might be a nice hali.  It turned out to be a nice bone.  Surprised they're still around.  Decided to keep it and use it as bait for my next sesh.  Decided to call it quits and headed home.  Turned out to be a nice session!  I think my GoPro finally said no mas.  Not sure if it's the camera itself or the battery that finally kicked the bucket.  Some pics I took using my cell phone.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Nov 7 Morning Session
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 10:15:56 PM »
Hey!  Not a bad session even though it was cold as hell, but nice fresh bait there!  8)

I took the weekend off from fishing and feel so lost.....
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 05:33:48 AM »
I feel your pain on the leos...............last night me and Denny gave it a go.  Ended up with 7, each one a little bigger than the last.  Problem was the biggest was maybe 30" so you can imagine how little the first one was  :P
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 05:02:12 PM »
I feel your pain on the leos...............last night me and Denny gave it a go.  Ended up with 7, each one a little bigger than the last.  Problem was the biggest was maybe 30" so you can imagine how little the first one was  :P

That's pretty small.  LOL
You can't catch them from your computer chair.