Author Topic: Carlsbad BeachBomb run 5/22  (Read 2301 times)

Sharkinthedark II

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Carlsbad BeachBomb run 5/22
« on: May 22, 2016, 10:46:45 PM »
Got out early this morning and met Robert at the spot to a rising Sun and tide... We were expecting some action but it started out slow. We were soaking mac parts in the medium sized surf but the Sputniks were holding and not that much grass either.  Rob starts grumbling about us not having gotten bit yet...we were texting Joel and thinking about moving over to the goon ...and a minute later his line is screaming North in the South current, Boom! Robert is hooked up to a good one!  He's on this fish a good  10 minutes before the fight enters the shore dump zone ... They fight so hard right there... nosing down and trying to grind that stuff out their mouth... I can see it's 50 /50+'' ...we just need 15 more yards...then Boom! his line breaks.  Robs bummed but he rigs and sets up again ...  stock photo of Robert waiting for another bite ...Hahaha... We fire out our last two pieces of bait, swearing the next one will not get away...getting ready to call it again then Boom! I'm on!        I can tell this is a good one too I lay into it but just enough to where we have a chance to tire it out ...10 minutes and then the battle begins in the shore dump...back and forth we go... my 40# sounds like violin strings...Rob gets a hold of it by the nose and almost beaches her... on his belly! ..that was scary.....53" ,super preggers, ~130 (?).   Thanks rob for being there... These beach bombs can be hard to solo ... I hope you all enjoyed the read...tight lines and until next time... Peace :)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Carlsbad BeachBomb run 5/22
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 04:22:02 AM »
Good morning run. That is a nice fish.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 06:16:02 AM »
Nice session guys!

That's so funny how you mention the dump zone.  I just dumped a nice shark in the dump zone just last week!  What a bitter taste that is.

Well, that was one hell of a morning session.  I'm sure your arms and back were tired after that one!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 08:10:33 AM »
I'm sure your arms and back were tired after that one!

My back hurts after just reading the report  :P
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect