Author Topic: Looked good but no go  (Read 1590 times)

LONGCAST JOE

• Leopard
    • View Profile
Looked good but no go
« on: December 06, 2016, 05:51:36 AM »
Hit one of the VC 7 holes Saturday night about last light and low tide. Conditions looked great, just a breeze and almost flat surf. Started out casting from about where my bait usually sits the tide was so low. Spent the next 2 or 3 hours without ever getting a bait to set for more than 5 minutes max. Looking at the conditions I would have never guessed it but the floating salad and current was out of hand. Before I could even get my rod set up in a holder ilI would have a leafy stringer wrapped where my line entered the water dragging everything to the south quickly.Even 8 oz sputniks weeny holding for more than a minute or two and my line would end up parallel to the shore within 10 or 15 minutes. Only reason I gave it more than an hour is I could tell the hook was staying clean of salad most of the time, I was just getting wrapped up high where line entered the water surface. Oh well, twisted my own arm to put up a lackluster skunked post but the long term surf forecast looks good and will give it another go soon...
JOE

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Looked good but no go
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 06:02:37 AM »
Bummer boss.  It's been a crazy fall/winter and sooner or later one of us that is putting in the time will be rewarded.

We've been experiencing similar conditions down here.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: Looked good but no go
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 06:11:36 AM »
Time on the sand Joe, it will pay off.  We hit one of the VC beaches a couple weeks ago at zero tide, couldn't cast far enough to get in a foot of water  ::)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect