Author Topic: Shark Attack  (Read 2620 times)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Shark Attack
« on: April 30, 2017, 06:05:59 PM »

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Re: Shark Attack
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 09:37:41 PM »
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Chris

• Leopard
  • Put me in coach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 10:46:14 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/swimmer-injured-shark-attack-southern-california-beach-161652230.html

GW or 7? Either way, I hope the lady recovers.

7gill?!! There you go Chris!!

Yep, I was just up the beach when it happened. Didnt even know until my buddy text me 30 mins later. We're going to drop baits this week.

Im guessing 7gill as well, or maybe another species that's around we don't know about yet. All the whites near shore here are small and don't attack people. They're just not programmed for it yet. Although it is early spring and I'd imagine the adults may be giving birth but any adult white able to give birth I feel would have done a lot more damage and been seen doing so.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 10:54:16 AM by Chris »
Keep it tight

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 12:05:39 PM »
GWS... San O has plenty of them. Whole back of her leg kinda missing? Butt to knee? Big bite.

SevengillTheVC

• Leopard
  • I don't always catch fish, but when I do....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 12:08:33 PM »
From the wound and water depth it sounds like a wide bite that's not particularly deep, per se. I imagine a juvie white sharks bite to be a bit more triangular. So I'd venture to say a 7 as well. Especially it occurred right around the time magic hours begin for us when fishing for them. And the fact that apparently 30% of an adult 7s diet consists of mammals and I don't think they're as picky as whites. Definitely a good thing that even when the beach is busy at our honey hole people are usually out of the water by late afternoon, and another reason why I don't like fishing them when people are around cause I know that all it's gonna take is one persons video making it to a news source and the spot would be put under intense scrutiny as well as our hobby.