Author Topic: Truth Reels  (Read 3204 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Truth Reels
« on: January 28, 2016, 09:00:10 PM »
We might have something custom made for the West Coast Surf Shark Angler.... You guys might be finding a new Reel company custom tailored to our style of fishing just for Prehistoric Souls like yourself. 

It's in it's infancy stage, but keep checking back.  This may be exciting news for us long rod guys out here.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Fish Jerk

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Truth Reels
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 10:17:22 PM »
Just an FYI, truth reels has actually been around for a few years already. Very impressive looking reels. They used to be called Release reels until they got into trouble from another company called release. Supposedly instead of fighting for the right to use the name, they changed the name of the company. They are a bit pricey for me, but definitely look and sound well built. Supposed to cast very smooth as well.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 06:46:49 AM »
Just an FYI, truth reels has actually been around for a few years already. Very impressive looking reels. They used to be called Release reels until they got into trouble from another company called release. Supposedly instead of fighting for the right to use the name, they changed the name of the company. They are a bit pricey for me, but definitely look and sound well built. Supposed to cast very smooth as well.

Thanks boss.  I've seen them for the striper guys back east, but knew nothing about them besides what I would occasionally see.  I was talking to a rep and there was expressed interest in them possibly working with us.  I didn't realize until after I talked to him that Charkbait was selling the reels.  It was something that came up suddenly so I didn't know the background of them.  I got pretty stoked after the conversation, so hopefully it turns into something positive.

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 04:25:53 PM »
Pretty bad lookin reels.

Would have to do more research on em/play with one before I pull the trigger...

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 04:41:57 PM »
Tell them to float some 'samples' this way and we will 'test' their reels ... ;D ;D ;D

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 06:33:10 PM »
Got to call one of the guys in NYC tonight.  It sounds like it's to get ideas from each other to see if there is any plausible avenues that can mutually benefit themselves as well as Prehistoric Soul.

I'm very optimistic.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 08:00:08 PM »
I have 2 Release Reels and I love them. Little tanks.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 09:18:58 PM »
Very cool conversation and Truth possibly will be sold on P-Soul at a discounted price. 
It was a fun and lengthy conversation with a knowledgeable guy!
We might also have some big game hunters from the North East coming on board here.  Most guys are checking it out without registering, but I think they are liking the feel of the site and will be on board.  Mike said that they have nothing to post until it warms up out there as they all have cabin fever from that last snow storm!  lol