Author Topic: Tiny Report VC 8/24  (Read 3123 times)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Tiny Report VC 8/24
« on: August 24, 2021, 12:31:35 AM »
Showed up a bit before 9pm. Salad in the wash but never an issue on the line. Hardly a swell, no wind. Soaked macks. Saw 2 shooting stars right off the bat. Did not wish for anything. No bites. Shoulda wished for something. Left at 11:30pm.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: Tiny Report VC 8/24
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 02:14:46 AM »
Showed up a bit before 9pm. Salad in the wash but never an issue on the line. Hardly a swell, no wind. Soaked macks. Saw 2 shooting stars right off the bat. Did not wish for anything. No bites. Shoulda wished for something. Left at 11:30pm.

Been a super slow year for the 'toothy ones', glad you're still trying Jeremy.  What's going on with your boat motor?
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 05:23:43 AM »
Yep, I would have wished for a shark on each shooting star, and paid homage to the shark gods by pouring the first sip of a freshy opened beer in the surf.  Improves your odds of catching one, but at least 2/3 or more accurately 66.6%   ;D

Nice to see someone getting out and trying.  Thinking about getting out myself soon as the shoulder is feeling as good as it has in over a year, but hating the beach crowds down here...
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

SevengillTheVC

• Leopard
  • I don't always catch fish, but when I do....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 08:14:57 AM »
Seems about right for our neck of the woods. Dag nabbit, thinking of shifting a bit more north since south always seems to be bat ray central.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 09:54:06 AM »

Been a super slow year for the 'toothy ones', glad you're still trying Jeremy.  What's going on with your boat motor?

Outboard has been in the shop since Thursday, they quoted me for an hour of labor so I hope to have it back before my next day off. We’ll see though.

Meanwhile I’m sending out emails and applications to move to South Bay/Long Beach. Starting to day dream about the LBSF possibilities around PV. Actually took a tour of a room RIGHT on the sand in Hermosa. Very affordable but quite a few drawbacks like parking, storage for the boat, and communal living spaces. But I could step out the front door and have a line in the water in about 90 seconds if they accept my application…
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 09:59:05 AM by jrodda »

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2021, 03:57:30 PM »
Things are usually real quiet before they get really good :)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2021, 05:57:41 PM »
Things are usually real quiet before they get really good :)

If that’s true it’s gonna get real loud, cuz it’s been quiet for almost 2 years now ::)

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2021, 07:44:41 AM »
If that’s true it’s gonna get real loud, cuz it’s been quiet for almost 2 years now ::)

You better hold on tight then!  8)