Author Topic: long rods  (Read 2836 times)

Fresh2salt

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
    • Fresh2salt
long rods
« on: July 12, 2016, 08:46:05 PM »
Hello guys my name Alex im new to the forum.   Anyway just looking for some insight on a couple rods ive bin looking at .
One is the breakaway hdx and the other is the Carolina cast pro. Just wondering if any body has had any experience with one or the other or both and if so how do they compare in terms of blank weight and ability to handle and cast the weights that are closer to the rods top end limits?   

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: long rods
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 06:52:10 AM »
Hello Alex and welcome to the boards.

I have not used a Carolina Cast Pro and have limited used the Breakaway HDX.  Unfortunately have not used the HDX enough in real world applications to give you the answer you are looking for as a few of us here know the rep (Taylor G) for Breakaway and all he seems to do is casting contests.  He can cast a bait less weight a mile, but he always has a smaller sized reel and lighter line.  I've never seen him cast a big 1lb bait along with an 8oz sputnik before as I usually cast with my Rainshadow 1569.  Casting wise though, the rod loads up well and there is good distribution of power along the blank.

Sorry if this is little help, but hopefully one of the other members can chime in with any experience they may have.

Once again, welcome to the site.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 08:07:43 AM by Latimeria »
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

LONGCAST JOE

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 06:54:04 AM »
Both excellent lines of rods, if your metioning those two you already know what your doing. The good thing is both Tommy (Carolina)and Nick (breakaway)will talk to you directly and answer any questions you have about their rods, email them

Fresh2salt

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
    • Fresh2salt
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 05:11:16 PM »
Yea thanks guys for the advice I did email tommy. Pretty much better to get a stiffer rod to be safe for those heavier surf and current days.

LONGCAST JOE

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 07:27:13 PM »
Yea thanks guys for the advice I did email tommy. Pretty much better to get a stiffer rod to be safe for those heavier surf and current days.

That's what she.said....