Author Topic: Chop Chop 7/15/16  (Read 1670 times)

SevengillTheVC

• Leopard
  • I don't always catch fish, but when I do....
    • View Profile
Chop Chop 7/15/16
« on: July 16, 2016, 01:44:27 PM »
Well made it out to the honey hole last night since surf seemed way too good, even with tides not being entirely the best. Just like last time the beach had a ton of chop right at the suds. Well as the tide was coming in it kept the kelp in a nice condensed string along the skinny. Soaked baits for about 3 hours for a few Leppy type hits, but nothing committed. They seemed on the smaller side since our baits were coming back with inch wide crescent bites out of them. As the tide began going out at 8PM the chop got spread out and real thick, like enough to stand on and a good 30 ft out. I had made one last decent cast that was out of the salad and let it soak for the remainder of the time. End of the day we all wore the stripe, too bad we don't have a way to check salad like tides :D!

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Re: Chop Chop 7/15/16
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 03:06:18 PM »
Same story down here!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

LONGCAST JOE

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 03:51:16 PM »
Seriously, a salad conditions and forecast app would be the shizzle. Next best thing to it though is posting and reading each others condition reports like this,so good on you Adam for posting up even if it was a stripe.
JOE

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 04:35:15 PM »
  to bad we don't have a way to check salad like tides :D!
Ain't that the truth!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 04:51:19 PM »
Seriously, a salad conditions and forecast app would be the shizzle. Next best thing to it though is posting and reading each others condition reports like this,so good on you Adam for posting up even if it was a stripe.
JOE

This is why I still report my skunks. Let others know about conditions at least.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)