Author Topic: Beach Day with the Mrs 03/17/2017  (Read 1469 times)

SevengillTheVC

• Leopard
  • I don't always catch fish, but when I do....
    • View Profile
Beach Day with the Mrs 03/17/2017
« on: March 17, 2017, 11:01:58 PM »
So a pretty atypical report for me, a daylight non sharking report lol! My girlfriend wanted to just go have a beach day, was considering leaving my gear at home and just soaking some rays, but I know every time I do that I end up regretting it. So I brought the small, long, whole shabang. We went to a good daylight fishing spot, since our 7 spot is really dead during daylight hours. Get to the beach and my old gulps are getting hammered by short perch bites. Finally I get one in, sweet got bait for the long now! As I'm prepping my long rod and my girlfriend was searching the rocks for shells she screeches and I look over, looked like a snake in the dirt, but then she's like it's a fish! Poor baby leopard must've been up on shore for hours, I picked him up and took him out deep, but he was so weak and had red sunburn on his belly and skin. I doubt he made it but I tried, there was also a dead thornback right next to him who I also kept as potential bait. Anyhow after I rigged the perch up and casted out, I couldn't buy another bite.

Just enjoyed the day with my lady and caught some rays while the perch soaked, about 3 hours go by without any action on the long and go to start perching again. I see huge salad monsters start rolling in and was keeping my eye on my rod to see if it snagged. All of a sudden a freight train hit on it! Ran up the beach grabbed my rod layed the hook. Huh, doesn't seem anything is on, then a monster run! Get it to the skinny and was super surprised it was not a leo, but my PB Surf Tractor. 56" Sucker ate a whole perch!

After that I was satisfied and we had to go to Santa Clarita so called it a day. A nice day where fishing was secondary but yielded some nice results!

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Beach Day with the Mrs 03/17/2017
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 11:54:45 PM »
Always take the rods if there a chance you might be able to fish!
Nice PB Adam!

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 05:24:28 AM »
Always take the rods if there a chance you might be able to fish!
Nice PB Adam!

Yup!! Big SNGF are fun too.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 10:09:58 AM »
Good to see you out with the GF, as we spoke of several months ago..............life goes on brother   ;)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect