Author Topic: The Big San V (4/28)  (Read 3319 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
The Big San V (4/28)
« on: April 29, 2018, 07:17:18 AM »
It was supposed to be a little rough (well at least for my skiff) out front today and i saw big Blue Cats being caught, so it was instead a trip to San V!  I usually got later than normal since the bass guys are all lined up at first light.  We got there to a 1/4 of the bass boats that I usually see?  What the hell?

Anyway, it was Steve's first trip to San V and he was definitely impressed.

We saw bass all over, but tried for big blues first.  This was a big ass tree.  It stuck 20 feet out of the water or more and the Fish Finder was still reading 65 feet deep!

We metered around looking for cats and now bass and I was just totally digging the new sonar!  What a killer friggand unit!

Steve strikes first on a Roboworm.  It was all lit up and pretty fun to watch Steve fight.

There is so much shoreline here!  I've been here a dozen times now and it never fails to amaze me.

Steve then picks up number 2 !!!  We had bass all around the boat, but getting them to bite was the hard part.

Well, I finally get slammed and my reaction time was as rusty as a sunken WWII warship.  Totally blew it, but it was no worries at all.  What a fun time out on San V and I'll be back again soon!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: The Big San V (4/28)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 07:37:48 AM »
Let's go again soon.

It was fun exploring a big new lake to me. I have always loved the big boulder terrain and there was plenty of it there.

Glad I grabbed a minimum of bass gear just in case. Even if it did become a distraction from the main goal. I didn't believe you when you said it was 2pm.

The underwater TV was pretty damn cool.

Pretty sure those are my first bass from anywhere besides Barret. Probably the first time I put that much effort into it.

Thanks yet again for the boat ride.

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 11:27:51 AM »
Damn, that is a big lake and they are in there someplace. Didn't see any "logs" that swam off on the TV.

Hopefully get an all clear from the Doc to start boat work again. Not getting out there is killing me.

Jim

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 12:25:44 PM »
Wouldn't mind a catfish lesson some day, Jim.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 12:02:30 PM »
Okay, I'll have to admit.  This is the first time I've read the freshwater forum, I'll be back.  Sure miss fishing LMB
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect