Author Topic: Shameless Plug for Terra Firma Tackle  (Read 5367 times)

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
Shameless Plug for Terra Firma Tackle
« on: June 12, 2018, 10:22:38 AM »
Got to give a couple of thumbs up to some of the cool stuff from Terra Firma Tackle.

First item I'm really liking is the Heavy Bait Elastic. At $3.00, it's a must have for me now. I use it to tie on Mack heads, tails and chunks. Keeps the critters honest and gives your bait more time in the water before the thieves steal it. Absolutely essential for using sardines too.  http://terrafirmatackle.com/product/heavy-bait-elastic-200m/

Second item is the Universal Grip Lead Sinker Converter. These things are cool. Basically they are a sputnik attachment that lets you use any kind or weight of lead sinker you want to. At $6.00 for two of them, brings your cost down to $3.00 each and lets you use cheaper pyramid sinkers too. Used them several times now in heavy current and they really hold. And I really like the bait clip down that's built into them too. Perfect for pulley rigs, three way rigs, or whatever you want to really heave out there. http://terrafirmatackle.com/product/universal-grip-lead-sinker/

Third item is not up on the website yet, but I think Spencer has them for sale. These are a longer variation of the little plastic weight sliders we use on fish finder rigs. The normal sliders we can get are shorter and tend to get twisted up with smaller diameter braid line, the heavy sputniks we throw and the stronger currents we fish. These have a smaller diameter and also have a groove cut in them so that the weight can swivel around the line without tangling it. Been using them for awhile now and they have become a part of my go to bottom rig. Hit Spencer up directly to get your hands on some.

Fourth item I want to pimp is the new tip lights we've been field testing. Sorry, no pics, they aren't officially for sale yet. I bugged Spencer about tip lights, so he finds these and orders some in to test. These are small lithium ion battery tubes with a tiny diode light on the end that you push in and pull out to turn on and off. About the same size as a chemical glow stick. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to glow sticks that didn't suck. These are cool. They are actually brighter than glow sticks and the other battery lights we've tested them against. There is a USB battery charger too. But Spencer didn't know how long they would last, or if the batteries would get hot and melt rods or start fires. So we started testing. I can't tell you how long they last because all the lights I got are still working. Haven't tried the recharger yet for the same reason. But they're pretty cheap, and work great so far. You'll have to contact Spencer directly to see if he has any left ;D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 10:43:25 AM by BackBayMan »
Anybody have an emergency beer?

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Re: Shameless Plug for Terra Firma Tackle
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 01:13:37 PM »
I'd be interested in the tip lights.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 04:14:19 PM »

Talked to Spencer and he's out of tip lights, but he's ordering more. I'll let you know as soon as they're available ;D

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 08:10:33 AM »

Talked to Spencer and he's out of tip lights, but he's ordering more. I'll let you know as soon as they're available ;D

I'm interested also.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 04:13:39 PM »

I'm interested also.

Cool, I'll let you know as soon as there available 8)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 01:49:51 PM »

I'm interested also.

Well??
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 03:21:19 PM »

I'm interested also.

Well??

Check your text messages.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 01:21:27 PM »

I'm interested also.

Well??

Check your text messages.

Never got anything.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)