Author Topic: SNBF-XII San Diego (3/9)  (Read 1768 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
SNBF-XII San Diego (3/9)
« on: March 11, 2019, 05:53:39 AM »
What a tough night to be out Bat Ray fishing.  Not that conditions were bad, but they literally are nowhere to be found.  Having 25 rods set up over 150 yards of prime beach and only a couple of runs at the end did not make for SD bragging rights.

Otherwise, it was great as usual with the fine company that made it down to fish again!

Early in the day before people started showing up.

Well, the OC is going to have a second bragging rights stamp to equal the amount of LA stamps!

OC-2
LA-2
SD-8

Forum Lawyer (WMB) even made a surprise visit and had some tasty Bloody Mary's in Dan's honor as well as Chris and Joe (Jaws).

Funny story of the day is when like a dog in the middle of the bay is having to get rescued by lifeguards.  Then they handed the dog off to some people on the "other" shoreline when a bride on her wedding day pull right next to us and wave the lifeguards over to bring her dog.  She finds they gave her dog to some other people on the other side of the bay.... so she walked through the mud and jumped in the lifeguards boat to go and rescue her dog from the people running off with it all while the Life Guard was blasting on the megaphone, "Please stay right where you are, we have the dog owner!" .  LOL

Damn lifeguard got stuck right in front of us and kicked up a ton of mud trying to get unstuck.

More people started to show up and lots of conversation was had.

Most people showed up in the evening, but it felt terrible saying that fishing totally sucked all day.  It gave us plenty of room to soak baits during the daylight hours.

Tim's boy caught a few nice bass and a queenfish.

William got a huge smelt... and then the fires were lit.  There was a lot of wood burning this cold and slow evening, but it appeared that a 20.5" bat was going to win this year.

Great "people" event in the books. If not for the terribly slow fishing, it would have been even better!

Until next Bat Fight...  .
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
Re: SNBF-XII San Diego (3/9)
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 05:19:27 PM »
Thanks for sharing the run down of the day. I wish I could have made it out to the bay on Saturday. Weird that no Bats are around this year. ???
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 05:35:56 AM »
Thanks for sharing Tom, closest I've been to a fishing rod in over a week................
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 10:54:13 PM »
MMMnnn those drinks were amazing. Wholly sh!t, I'm almost as wide as joe (Jaws)! LOL bro but I gotta pop some sheet for you beating my bat by 1". Bastid.

Fun Tines! miss my bros. Y'all good peoples!!