Author Topic: SD River Ponds  (Read 2836 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
SD River Ponds
« on: July 09, 2019, 06:28:27 AM »
I've barely had time to fish lately, but after getting a picture text from Squatch with the cats he got, I forced myself out for an hour trying for a bass in the river.

I walked all around looking for openings and making casts.  I finally came to a spot and saw a nice 2 to 2.5 pound bass hanging out at a submerged branch.  I pitched out my creature bait and as it was slowly sinking, it shot over and fish on!

Really bad area trying to land it and I didn't want to go falling in here as the banks were super steep so I didn't get a picture, but it was a decent bass. 

That was  it.  I didn't see another bass, nor even get a bite the rest of the time.  The bast were busting small meatballs of bait in the middle though.  I'm not sure if they were shad or just baby bass as there were little schools all over the pond.  A bass would just smash them here and there, but it almost appeared the bass were already full of whatever small baits they were.

Well, I hope to get out to the deep blue sea soon...  This has just been a tough year with me getting out for numerous reasons.  I figured I'd post something since no one's been posting many reports lately...
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: SD River Ponds
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 10:36:37 AM »
Wish I had little river or pond close by to catch some green bass.  Sounds fun!

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 09:58:51 AM »

Me too, glad to see something on PS...............been dead lately   :(
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 12:33:43 PM »

Me too, glad to see something on PS...............been dead lately   :(

I fell ya Verne, but this is a big game site first and foremost. I've gotten used to the lulls.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)