Author Topic: SD Bay, Prelude to Overnighter  (Read 1524 times)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
SD Bay, Prelude to Overnighter
« on: November 18, 2020, 05:51:03 PM »
I figured since I was heading down to SD for an overnight trip, I could arrive in town well before the 7pm check-in and try in the bay for some new species.

I got some live ghost shrimp from Seaforth Landing, thanks for the intel Tom. I went with a dozen. I was hoping for some mussels or bloodworms to buy as backup but they only had un-shucked mussel, which looked like it was 4 pieces of bait for $4. No thanks.

Arrived in the back bay around 1:30pm. Solid 10kt wind in my face, stray grass close to shoreline. Went with a 1/4oz c-rig with the ghost shrimp. Worked the sandy shoreline for an hour for zero bites. Went over to a breakwall/pier and dropped straight down. Got bit by a bass but it broke my 4# fluoro leader on the hookset. Retied, put it in the same spot. Bit again, stole my shrimp. Put it in the same spot again and he bit again but too tentatively.

Decided I was done feeding the one scumbag fish and switched parks. Nothing at that park, so I left the back of the bay for Embarcadero park. Missed a couple good bites before I managed to shake my skunk with a dink turd.

Not much after that. Dumped my last 2 shrimp and left to grab dinner before jumping on the boat.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: SD Bay, Prelude to Overnighter
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 06:12:26 PM »
I can't wait to see what you get! Looking forward to the report!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.