Author Topic: Sixth From Squatch 11/17/2020  (Read 3937 times)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Sixth From Squatch 11/17/2020
« on: November 18, 2020, 05:02:56 AM »
 Like Tom said, I'm on a roll.

Started off the day thinking I wouldn't be fishing, but got some good news and was able to make it.

Got to the beach while there were still a number of people but just after sunset so it usually clears out pretty quick. This time the last person on the beach as it got dark was a surfer directly in my zone. Ugh.

Meanwhile Tom is stuck in traffic and can't even get to the beach.

My first cast comes back with a bunch of weeds, so I make a small move only to coe back with a bigger bunch on my second. I wasn't thinking it was going to be a good night, but things worked out okay.

Pretty slow overall. I got a couple bass, then a nice clicker run. Thinking big thoughts, I commenced to drag whatever it was straight in.

Not a bad leopard, but not what I was thinking from that run.

Things were quiet after that. Tom, once again is stinking up the place. Not sure whats up with that lately.

He did get a pretty solid bite that got wrapped in kelp and came off, but for him, that was about it for the night.

I was reading my phone, not really paying attention when I hear Tom shout. Can't hear what he said but I check my rod, Straight up, then a bounce, then straight again, then another bounce. I take my time thinking I've picked up some weeds and reel up to check my bait.

The line comes tight and tghe surface of the water just explodes. Thrashing, splashing, running, it's on.

It's a nice fish, definitely a seven. Got it close to shore and battle it out in the nearshore trench. Back and forth multiple times.

Tom finally gets close enough to get the rope on its tail, tightens the loop and I hear "Oops, it came off" Great. Well second time is a charm as they say and he got the rope on and pulled the fish to the edge of the water. No farther. When I got close, I saw why.

106.5" of power. Very misty so the release pic is the best pic. Not bad, we work hard to get a good release. This time she curled up on the way out and pulled me toward the shore. Lots of power.

After that I was taking a break when the fog rolled in like a freight train. We packed it up and left soon after.

Guess this one is a new personal best. Hurray.

Rising tide on skipjack waning crescent moon 2-3 surf.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Sixth From Squatch 11/17/2020
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 05:31:19 AM »
Congrats Steve on that beast of a 7-Gill!  My back and shoulder are a little sore this morning from wrestling that thing, but thank god for the tail rope, or it might never have been landed.  I could barely move that fat girl.  I'll try to post up the pictures of all the bite marks on her.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 05:42:29 AM »
Pre-Fog Bank

Just as the vertical wall of dense fog hit us...

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 06:37:50 AM »
What a beast in beastly conditions!!! Congrats!!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 07:20:36 AM »
That shark is beefy looking, you are on a good roll 8)

skrilla

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 08:25:40 AM »
Whoa congrants!

SevengillTheVC

• Leopard
  • I don't always catch fish, but when I do....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2020, 08:53:34 AM »
Very, very nice!

Greenshark

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2020, 10:29:56 AM »
woah nice fish!! I need to get out i’ve been on a blank streak myself. I almost forgot what a pull feels like.....

Sharkinthedark II

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2020, 10:55:01 AM »
What a MONSTER!  8) Congrats on the Hundy  8)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2020, 01:39:18 PM »
Now that's a big one. Congrats!

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2020, 03:29:28 AM »
Super happy for you Steve (and jealous also), 106 1/2" is a monster.  Congrats my man
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

lightline21

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2020, 07:19:08 PM »
Like Tom said, I'm on a roll.

Started off the day thinking I wouldn't be fishing, but got some good news and was able to make it.

Got to the beach while there were still a number of people but just after sunset so it usually clears out pretty quick. This time the last person on the beach as it got dark was a surfer directly in my zone. Ugh.

Meanwhile Tom is stuck in traffic and can't even get to the beach.

My first cast comes back with a bunch of weeds, so I make a small move only to coe back with a bigger bunch on my second. I wasn't thinking it was going to be a good night, but things worked out okay.

Pretty slow overall. I got a couple bass, then a nice clicker run. Thinking big thoughts, I commenced to drag whatever it was straight in.

Not a bad leopard, but not what I was thinking from that run.

Things were quiet after that. Tom, once again is stinking up the place. Not sure whats up with that lately.

He did get a pretty solid bite that got wrapped in kelp and came off, but for him, that was about it for the night.

I was reading my phone, not really paying attention when I hear Tom shout. Can't hear what he said but I check my rod, Straight up, then a bounce, then straight again, then another bounce. I take my time thinking I've picked up some weeds and reel up to check my bait.

The line comes tight and tghe surface of the water just explodes. Thrashing, splashing, running, it's on.

It's a nice fish, definitely a seven. Got it close to shore and battle it out in the nearshore trench. Back and forth multiple times.

Tom finally gets close enough to get the rope on its tail, tightens the loop and I hear "Oops, it came off" Great. Well second time is a charm as they say and he got the rope on and pulled the fish to the edge of the water. No farther. When I got close, I saw why.

106.5" of power. Very misty so the release pic is the best pic. Not bad, we work hard to get a good release. This time she curled up on the way out and pulled me toward the shore. Lots of power.

After that I was taking a break when the fog rolled in like a freight train. We packed it up and left soon after.

Guess this one is a new personal best. Hurray.

Rising tide on skipjack waning crescent moon 2-3 surf.

Congrats on a couple of great catches Steve!

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2020, 08:01:53 AM »
Congrats on the PB! That’s a big one for sure.
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)