Author Topic: Seared Yellowtail  (Read 2948 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Seared Yellowtail
« on: December 08, 2020, 05:38:31 AM »
Raw in the middle... Never gets old.

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: Seared Yellowtail
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 04:24:31 AM »
What do you season it with Tom?  Also, is it done on the grill or on the stove?  I have a bunch of YT fillets in the freezer and am looking for new ways to prepare it.  Thanks in advance
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 05:26:23 AM »
What do you season it with Tom?  Also, is it done on the grill or on the stove?  I have a bunch of YT fillets in the freezer and am looking for new ways to prepare it.  Thanks in advance

I cut it in loin strips and pat with olive oil.  I them either use a seafood rub, or in this case, black pepper, "everything bagel" seasoning and a little south west seasoning.  I sear it on a pan on all sides for about a minute to where the outside is cooked, but the inside stays rare/raw.

Take it off and chill in fridge or freezer immediately to keep it from overcooking.  When the outside is cool/cold, I'll take a sharp knife and cut it into mini-medallions.  I'll use a teriyaki or mandarin sauce as a dip.  So good.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 07:36:13 PM »
Almost looks like ham. I'm not a big fan of raw anything but that would probably change my mind, it looks so good 8)