Author Topic: No Fred Hall, so did the Tackle Tour (3/7)  (Read 1465 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
No Fred Hall, so did the Tackle Tour (3/7)
« on: March 08, 2021, 05:49:17 AM »
I needed to get out of the house again and headed down to see what sales the tackle shops were having in lieu of the Fred Hall show being cancelled.  Fisherman's Landing had a decent sale, but much was really just to take away the tax.  I didn't see any great deals in there, but it was fun going in and looking around at some stuff.  I almost left with a new saltwater bass rod for my penn low profile, but resisted and kept moving down the landings looking for deals and tackle.

The docks were full!  I think I heard only the Dolphin was getting out.  Some boats were just getting prepped for the tuna and overnight season.

I stopped in to see Ollie, but forgot he's a 1:00-7:00pm work guy.

Stopped by a few of the PL local shops and saw some were closed for good while others were humming along.  Ended up at Seaforth and checked basically the same gear I saw in all the other shops.  Most were not having sales, but I bought something at each place just because.  Oh yeah, I stopped in at West Marine and that's where I had to leave with only spending $85.  I almost walked out of there with a $500 bill!  Boat stuff is so expensive!

Thanks for reading and hoped you guys got out this weekend.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: No Fred Hall, so did the Tackle Tour (3/7)
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 10:12:52 PM »
I heard the Old Glory got out this weekend on a 1.5 day but couldn't get the pelagics to play.

I need to hit up West Marine for some lights, hoping not to get sucked into any more spending beyond that. It's taking all my willpower not to go in on an eBay auction for a TLD 30ii that ends in 3 minutes...

What's your new Penn reel you mentioned? Their line-up is looking pretty sweet as of late.

edit: didn't win the TLD thank god but I ended up jumping on a St. Croix Mojo 7'11 1/2-2oz rod. Gonna be for swimbaits, 1-2oz KMs/irons, and freshwater c-rigs. Also loaded up on some FW stuff for an upcoming 2 days of fishing at Clear Lake in April.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 11:53:38 PM by jrodda »

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 05:30:09 AM »
What's your new Penn reel you mentioned? Their line-up is looking pretty sweet as of late.

I got the Penn Squall 400 bait caster for my birthday.  I really wanted the Fathom, but it was a $100 more for a metal frame and an extra ball bearing as the person told me who gifted me it.  lol

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 12:27:25 PM »
I was eyeing the Squall 400 for a few months! Ended up getting a used Okuma Komodo 463p, but I heard some reviews the other day that makes me think the Squall would have been the better buy.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 02:14:15 AM »
Looking at the pictures and saw the Royal Polaris, a friend of mine is jumping on the 15th for their 18 day trip.  More than a little jealous   ;)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect