Author Topic: Trying to Trout Rat (3/10)  (Read 2366 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Trying to Trout Rat (3/10)
« on: March 11, 2021, 08:12:24 AM »
I knew of a local stocking, so ran down after work to try and capitalize on the last trout plant of the year.  Unfortunately, where the trout were stacking up was nuts to butts fishing, so I went to another area that has treated me well.

First cast with a pinched inflated crawler and I was on the board with this beauty!

I ticked off a few people who were fishing there all morning just to have me roll up and catch one on the first cast.  ;D

I then went to do a bait check to see all of my line slack and the bait 5 feet in front of me.  Worm was squished and the trout never put a bend in the rod, but just swam around in front of me before spitting the hook.  I then hook up again and a pair of ducks swim over my line as I was fighting it.  The line of course wrapped on a duck foot and it tried flying off while bringing my trout to the surface  in the process!  The trout jumped and the duck splashed down.  It seems all three of us got shamed.

It would get cloudy and rain pretty good, then get partly cloudy with sun and blue sky.  It was like this the entire time I was there.

It was a little bit of a wait and I was ready to leave when I saw my 2# rod do a short little double bend.  It was a strong fighter for such a tiny little spud.  Probably only 1.25 pounds, but it was a jumper!

I stayed a bit more hoping I would get my lightning trout and just as they were closing the lake, the Ranger was coming by to let me know when my rod went off again!  It must have jumped 12 times and had a lot of spunk as well as a full tail! 

Fish number 3 in the cooler!

This time the Ranger came back around and made sure I was on my way.  Okay, I tried a last minute cast for a Lightning Trout and it gave him enough time to locate me again.  I got to stay 15 minutes after closing.  lol

Well, that's it.  I might have to try again today after work.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to Trout Rat (3/10)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 06:36:58 AM »

I ticked off a few people who were fishing there all morning just to have me roll up and catch one on the first cast.  ;D

I remember when that happened at the Bat Fight one year  ??? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 07:40:47 AM »
I remember when that happened at the Bat Fight one year  ??? ;D ;D ;D ;D

I remember that! LoL
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 04:44:57 PM »
Good to see you getting out Tom, even better seeing you catching fish   8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2021, 05:21:14 PM »
Good to see you getting out Tom, even better seeing you catching fish   8)

x2 Some solid ones to boot.