Author Topic: Lower 48 Exotics  (Read 1450 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Lower 48 Exotics
« on: March 13, 2021, 09:53:42 PM »
Florida has always been known for invasive species from pythons, to iguanas, as well as a host of fish that are now quite common in the spillways and other waterways.  Peac*ck bass, knife fish, cichlids, and now arapaima!  I’ve heard stories over the last decade of fishermen tangling with them and even heard from a few friends who swore to me they caught them, but there was never a picture they could come up with to make know for sure … until now.

Last month I saw an article with a huge dead arapaima washed up on the shore and it was my first visual evidence after all of these years.  I actually saw pictures, but they looked to be from Guyana and not a Florida river that I could think of.  A message pops up in my messages from Spencer who just got back from a quick trip to Florida saying, “Check out what I caught on my latest fishing trip”… 

Finally got to see one from a well trusted source!  This is no adolescent fish either, but  quite the specimen!

Before I could even get a “Holy Crap” congratulation out to him on that amazing catch in the lower 48, he belts out another and possibly more amazing catch, of a huge sawfish!

This last few years has been a joy to watch someone fish for prehistoric monsters like Spencer!  It’s just adding to the list of spectacular catches from shore like Prickly Sharks, Six-Gills, Great Whites, Makos, Threshers as well as a host of other spectacular catches that I’m probably forgetting.

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: Lower 48 Exotics
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2021, 03:25:53 AM »
If it can be done, he can do it.  Amazing.........
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2021, 02:45:41 PM »
He is a wild man. Really is on another level.

Dark_Knight_9C1

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2021, 05:08:36 PM »
He is a wild man. Really is on another level.
2X