Author Topic: Funny Looking Trout (3/15)  (Read 2963 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Funny Looking Trout (3/15)
« on: March 16, 2021, 05:47:33 AM »
This transition to a huge global company at work has been stressful to say the least.  I couldn't get out fishing this weekend and my shoulder has been a little more painful than usual.  Basically, I needed some fishing time to help alleviate the pressure.

I got down to the local trout mudhole in windy, rainy and cold conditions.  Perfect trout weather!  I tried another lake than what I've been fishing, but the trout rats wrapped up the good corners and I was left with 25 mph winds right in my face.  After dealing with the wind and rain, I had to deal with all the swim bait chuckers.  Apparently, I must have been fishing in a known bass spot for them to keep walking up right next to me or maybe they just wanted me to say how good they cast?  hahahaha

I had it and moved to get the wind at my back.  Inflated pinched night crawlers dipped in garlic dip was the recipe....

Old guy I've been talking to was there all afternoon with only one bite that said ripped his line out and busted him off.  He said it wasn't a trout, but he wasn't sure what it was.  He was packing up as I was getting there, so I took the spot since that is where I've been catching all  of the trout lately.

All of a sudden, I hear my reel screaming!  I think it's a monster stocked trout or a bass, but watch this guy roll up.  Apparently one of last years stockers.  Nice fish for the 2# gear.

Not long after and my other reel started singing!  I was hoping it was a big trout, but it was fighting very similar to the last cat and voila!  Catfish #2!

I had a bit of a painful face pic here as just trying to hold up my arm was pretty painful.

I made it to 6:00pm and there was another hour left, but I was done and headed home for taco night.  I know, it's not Tuesday, but Monday Night Taco night tastes just as good as Taco Tuesday! lol

Thanks for reading...
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Funny Looking Trout (3/15)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 07:59:38 AM »
Nice cats Tom! I bet they were fun on the UL gear and tasted great in the tacos!

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 01:38:56 AM »
Nothing wrong with that, I love catfish.................
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 10:02:36 AM »
Cats on UL are a blast!

skrilla

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2021, 09:35:33 PM »
No wonder the cornbread mix was sold out.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2021, 08:27:48 AM »
No wonder the cornbread mix was sold out.

hahaha

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2021, 08:28:47 AM »
Nice cats Tom! I bet they were fun on the UL gear and tasted great in the tacos!

I let them go.  These ponds by my house are great for the recent plants, but the cats get a little stinky when they are from previous year's plants.  lol

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2021, 08:52:44 AM »
Good therapy for the shoulder, soon you will be landing fish that require aluminum shampoo ;D