Author Topic: Lake Skinner  (Read 4043 times)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Lake Skinner
« on: March 21, 2021, 01:46:11 PM »
 Took the Toon to Lake Skinner with hopes of finding some stripers but they did not cooperate :( The morning was chilly and damp but the sun eventually came out.

We cruised the lake and found the fish and threw chicken livers and some frozen chovies along with smimmies and spinner baits  ::)

The fish finder  was looking promising and we could see the fish under the boat, they were thick but never committed   :(

Got some intel from an old salt, he trolls with lead core line and a Rapala jerk bait and has lots of success but even he got skunked today, so I didn't feel quite so bad ;)
The water level was up to normal  compared to 2 weeks ago when it was down 20 feet. Still a nice outing and quality time well spent 8) 8)

We will eventually slay the bastards !!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Lake Skinner
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 02:01:29 PM »
Get em Tim.

Looks nice out there.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 03:43:10 PM »
Cool FF shots, it’s reaffirming when even the pros strike out but at the end of the day it’d be more affirming if you’d just caught a few!

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 02:49:10 AM »
Still a nice outing and quality time well spent 8) 8)

It's all about attitude Tim, and you got the right kind.  A day on the water with family   :)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2021, 11:47:04 AM »
That fish finder looks like it's a butt-load of crappie, but totally could be stripers. I'm leaning towards crappie though, so bring some Crappie jigs the next time you're out.

Great trip Tim!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2021, 07:04:37 AM »
That fish finder looks like it's a butt-load of crappie, but totally could be stripers. I'm leaning towards crappie though, so bring some Crappie jigs the next time you're out.

Great trip Tim!

The water was so clear we could actually see them darting thru the water, there were at least 50 of them, Gotta figure them out I guess ::)