Author Topic: 6/16 Cut Short  (Read 1547 times)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
6/16 Cut Short
« on: June 17, 2021, 12:11:14 AM »
Felt compelled by the recent posts to soak some macks, and the subtropical front was the final push for me. Something about fishing when it's humid makes me feel like something crazy's gonna make a showing.

Noticed the cloud pattern that we don't usually get at this latitude as I was coming home from work, and caught a nice sunset on the way to the beach.

Arrived around 2030, weeds were persistent on my practice casts but thankfully were a non-issue once I baited up and waded out to cast.

First 3 casts, half macks were disappearing without a clicker run. Pulled out the glow stick for the rod tip. Once that was fastened, the bait stealer had no problem pulling the clicker. ZZz, picked up the rod and it ran at me. Waited a minute for it to pull away, but it dropped the bait. Re-baited, sent it out. A few minutes later he comes back, and heads away from me like a good boy. Hook set and quick fight on the 7gill rig.

His dorsal fin was cut short, kinda wonder how. I'm sure he'll be fine though, he probably got 2 whole mackerel off me tonight for dinner.

Right after that I got a backlash that broke off my sputnik AND the hook came off at the crimp, a first for me. Weird time to do it but at least it wasn't on a fish. As I was re-rigging, the PoPo came up and said no parking after 9pm, it was now 2230. Still felt like I had an hour in me, but I didn't wanna take the time to drive to the spots with no curfew and reset when I got work tomorrow, so I left. I should do it again tomorrow evening.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: 6/16 Cut Short
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 01:18:03 AM »
Good to see you soaking the long rod Jeremy, keep it up and "they" will show up   ;)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: 6/16 Cut Short
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 11:03:45 AM »
Nice Leo, maybe a boat prop tried to give him a back rub :-\

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman