Author Topic: Bad Pig and the Rig  (Read 2900 times)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Bad Pig and the Rig
« on: July 30, 2021, 11:37:22 PM »
 Well, it was time to head back to Lake Skinner for 3 days so I hooked the rig up to Bad Pig and we set up shop once again. This time it was during the week so the crowd was not to be seen, things were quiet in the campground unlike the weekends.

The first day ( Tuesday ) was not too warm and the boys wasted no time getting to the water. I hung back at camp with Janie and just chilled for a bit after the drive. They came back to camp all smiles and rightly so, they scored 8) Since it was a team effort, each one posed with the fish ;D

That night they wanted to fish for catfish so I said be back before 9pm and again they came back all smiled up again ;D

I did my usual back at camp duties, grilling up some good grub 8)

We took a walk to the little camp store on Wednesday so I thought why not take pics, it's a nice store :)

The Wall of Fame had some nice fish and they have lots of bait too.

In the mornings I took a 2 mile stroll to the lake and back, I walk 3 miles every day at home up and down hills so this was a walk in the park  ;D ;D

Every spare minute was spent prepping for the next fish and it usually paid off ;)

Janie was relaxing since she was on vacation 8)

I thought about giving her a '' Wet Willy ''  but that's how Max and Myles got here :o ;D

Thursday was our 32nd Anniversary, so I had to pose for a pic and smile, not sure which one is better :o

It got pretty warm Thursday but the mister worked well to keep the patio area tolerable but the inisde of the trailer has A/C so all was good 8)

I came inside and heard the word Prehistoric and when I looked up at the TV this was on, perfect timing and very fitting ;D

I had to join the boys and sunset to show them I still can reel in a fish now and then :) They were already in their spot for over an hour when I walked up on them and pulled a Tom on them. I cast out my anchovy and set my rod down, loosened the drag and  BANG  I'm on , they had the classic WTF look on their faces ;D ;D

Camping isn't complete without an Apple Berry Cobbler with ice cream while sitting by the fire pit 8)

Friday came around fast and I wanted to head home before the rigs started rolling in so we packed up and hit the road at 9:45am and got home at 11am. I was amazed at how much my corn grew in 3 days :o :o  Zucchini and peppers needed to be picked as well

Hope everyone has a good weekend, stay cool 8)

« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 07:54:23 AM by Tim524 »

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Pig and the Rig
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 03:30:24 AM »
First of all, Happy Anniversary guys.  I always believed 'Family is Everything', your posts remind me how important it is.  Thanks for sharing
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 07:45:43 AM »
First of all, Happy Anniversary guys.  I always believed 'Family is Everything', your posts remind me how important it is.  Thanks for sharing
[/quote

Thank you, Sir

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 07:52:58 AM »
Happy Anniversary. 

Those boys are getting to be some good fishermen.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2021, 11:44:28 AM »
Looks like a great time and some nice fish to boot.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2021, 08:13:18 PM »
Happy Anniversary guys!

I love the Bad Pig posts... and that might be the best fishing you guys have done from the Bad Pig camping trips!  Those are some beauties!

Great trip Tom.  Glad to see you are making the most of retirement...  Once again, feel free to adopt me...  lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2021, 10:21:58 PM »
 Thanks everyone. After seeing the record catfish being caught at Dixon, might be fun to have a Friday night gathering and try to beat the record, I believe night fishing only lasts thru August :)

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2021, 01:38:31 PM »
Great trip and lucky you that saint of a woman has tolerated 32 years with you.
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)