Author Topic: The Curmudgeon  (Read 4858 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
The Curmudgeon
« on: September 22, 2021, 05:47:53 AM »
I dropped it off on Friday again after the problem continues.... No word back yet. 

That is all, carry on.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: The Curmudgeon
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 01:03:31 PM »
  Since they can't seem to find the problem after all your troubles, I wonder if Mercury would cut you a deal on a new motor or at least help you with the repair bill, might be worth a shot to reach out to them. Hope you get results soon ;)

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 07:43:51 PM »
unbolt/disconnect the motor and leave the boat on trailer hooked to truck at Shelter island.

hopefully some will five finger it and your insurance can help with the cost of a new motor.

this post will self destruct in 5 seconds.
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 04:35:05 PM »
***Update***

So I called up when I got home from fishing today since I haven't heard anything since last Friday.  I got the tech who was working on my boat and this is how it pretty much went.

• He couldn't get the problem to replicate no matter what he did, so he hooked it up to the dyno and the problem was happening!  Only issue is it was giving up no codes what-so-ever on his Merc computer so was stumped on why this was happening
  • He went through every wire on the boat and couldn't find a single issue anywhere
  • He contacted the Mercury Engineers and let them know the situation.  They came back with a dozen things that they thought was the problem, but everything checked out and it was back to the drawing board to the engineers.
  • They have some other ideas, but that would cost a lot, especially just to see if it's the problem, so they had a program to record an entire dyno run that took every conceivable measurement possible and all the data was sent back to them.
  • The data was sent to their ECU department as they now think it's a glitch in the motor computer and are going to run the numbers against an exact motor to see if there are any discrepancies.
  • Long story short, this is something they haven't really seen before, or at least too many times before (of course this happens to my boat), but the problem solving is starting to look like there is an end in sight.  I can only hope.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 05:52:41 PM »
That’s good news, I think?

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 08:45:20 PM »
Man this is never ending, just insanity. Tim bringing up getting in touch with Mercury makes me think that maybe they would have some sympathy for the situation but who knows. Hope you start seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2021, 10:41:52 PM »
 My neighbor had a bad year and every time he turned around it seemed to get worse, he finally had enough and called an Indian buddy to come over and smudge his property :o Perhaps you need to smudge The Curmudgeon and get rid of the bad vibes going on with it ??? Hope they get results soon without breaking the bank ;)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2021, 07:32:43 AM »
My neighbor had a bad year and every time he turned around it seemed to get worse, he finally had enough and called an Indian buddy to come over and smudge his property :o Perhaps you need to smudge The Curmudgeon and get rid of the bad vibes going on with it ??? Hope they get results soon without breaking the bank ;)

I've burnt sage on the boat and made some cleansing chants.  There is nothing I haven't tried at this point... LOL

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2021, 10:46:25 AM »
when in doubt pull the electrical out and put new stuff back in
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

skrilla

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2021, 02:49:09 PM »
If Merc doesn't figure it out then it's for sure gotta be the nut behind the wheel.  ;D

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2021, 07:34:50 AM »
If Merc doesn't figure it out then it's for sure gotta be the nut behind the wheel.  ;D

It does stand to reason....   ;D

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2021, 08:44:13 PM »
 Too bad this guy couldn't go to bat for you, he always seemed to get results ;)

IT AIN'T RIGHT !!!

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2021, 05:14:12 AM »
Too bad this guy couldn't go to bat for you, he always seemed to get results ;)

IT AIN'T RIGHT !!!

OMG, he's still around?  He had black hair and a big pony tail the last time I saw him on the news! (That kind of lets you know the last time I watched the news)  hahahaha

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2021, 04:13:26 PM »
 I think he retired but I always enjoyed his style of making shady businesses famous for HOSING the customer, then all of a sudden they become pillars of the community by going the extra mile to make up for it. His slogan was   It Ain't Right ! ;D

skrilla

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2021, 09:48:00 PM »
Turko Files!