Author Topic: Double Trouble (11/30)  (Read 2948 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Double Trouble (11/30)
« on: November 30, 2021, 08:51:23 PM »
Steve's back from up north and ready to resume Tuesday night fishing trips.  I got to the beach first to check things out and looked fishable, but pockets of chopped salad around, so I went to the bar for Taco Tuesday and a beer to wait for Steve. 
Steve showed up at the beach and said he was going to take a look.  Before I knew it, he didn't show up at the bar, so I texted him if he was fishing.... No reply.   

I drove down to see his truck on the side of the road and all his fishing gear gone, so he was trying to get a head start on me!  LOL

Well, I got baited up as soon as I could and cast a nice chunk of mackerel out there.  It was finally getting dark, thus the chance to finally take a piss without a bunch of onlookers.  Steve went DIH hoping it would give him some luck... well, it sort of did as my reel started screaming out line!  Fish on!  Steve yelled "DIH supposed to give me luck, not you!".  As he was reeling in his line, he realized he was on also!  Double Header!

Man, it's tough fighting two big soupies side by side and not wrapping, but I was fortunate to get mine in first... Once again, solo landing sucks!  But I got her!

As I was measuring her and unhooking her as well as trying to get some pictures, Squatch landed his cookie cutter twin of mine!  Both 73" Females.

I was drenched by a wave and whooped from the solo landing and Steve was pretty beat after doing the same, But we went for a fast release and rebaited to see how many more were in the area.  Not bad for only fishing 30 minutes into the sesh!

The next hour and a half had a lot more chopped salad and purple death starting to roll in.  Besides that, the surf was also picking up, so we called it early at only 7:00.  I have to say, it was nice getting it done early, so I don't have to hit the sack so late.

Congrats Squatch!  The best part was you got one, but didn't do any catching up.   ;D

73" Females, Incoming Tide, Waning Crescent, 2'-5' swell, Mackerel
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

skrilla

• Leopard
    • View Profile
Re: Double Trouble (11/30)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 09:00:11 PM »
So she DOES have a sister. Well that answers the ago old question.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 09:12:18 PM »
So she DOES have a sister. Well that answers the ago old question.

hahahahaha!

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2021, 02:17:00 AM »
Must have been my good luck text   ;D
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2021, 05:29:42 AM »
Must have been my good luck text   ;D
Indeed it was!

SevengillTheVC

• Leopard
  • I don't always catch fish, but when I do....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2021, 09:43:28 AM »
Gotta love gettin them with a little light left! Very cool guys, hopefully I can post something in the coming week.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2021, 10:28:53 AM »
Two times the fun, pretty cool 8)

lightline21

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2021, 10:30:54 AM »
Steve's back from up north and ready to resume Tuesday night fishing trips.  I got to the beach first to check things out and looked fishable, but pockets of chopped salad around, so I went to the bar for Taco Tuesday and a beer to wait for Steve. 
Steve showed up at the beach and said he was going to take a look.  Before I knew it, he didn't show up at the bar, so I texted him if he was fishing.... No reply.   

I drove down to see his truck on the side of the road and all his fishing gear gone, so he was trying to get a head start on me!  LOL

Well, I got baited up as soon as I could and cast a nice chunk of mackerel out there.  It was finally getting dark, thus the chance to finally take a piss without a bunch of onlookers.  Steve went DIH hoping it would give him some luck... well, it sort of did as my reel started screaming out line!  Fish on!  Steve yelled "DIH supposed to give me luck, not you!".  As he was reeling in his line, he realized he was on also!  Double Header!

Man, it's tough fighting two big soupies side by side and not wrapping, but I was fortunate to get mine in first... Once again, solo landing sucks!  But I got her!

As I was measuring her and unhooking her as well as trying to get some pictures, Squatch landed his cookie cutter twin of mine!  Both 73" Females.

I was drenched by a wave and whooped from the solo landing and Steve was pretty beat after doing the same, But we went for a fast release and rebaited to see how many more were in the area.  Not bad for only fishing 30 minutes into the sesh!

The next hour and a half had a lot more chopped salad and purple death starting to roll in.  Besides that, the surf was also picking up, so we called it early at only 7:00.  I have to say, it was nice getting it done early, so I don't have to hit the sack so late.

Congrats Squatch!  The best part was you got one, but didn't do any catching up.   ;D

73" Females, Incoming Tide, Waning Crescent, 2'-5' swell, Mackerel

Congrats!

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2021, 10:39:11 AM »
Fun night. Just what I needed.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2021, 11:58:04 AM »
Oh yeah!!! Short but sweet!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2021, 02:11:31 PM »
Steve's Soupy is much prettier!!!
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2021, 02:52:30 PM »
Nice going guys, first time I’ve ever heard of two soups on the sand at once!

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2021, 03:54:48 PM »
Nice going guys, first time I’ve ever heard of two soups on the sand at once!
Steve and I did it once before, but we also had a dozen more sharks on that night.