Author Topic: It's a big ocean 8/1/15  (Read 11247 times)

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
It's a big ocean 8/1/15
« on: August 02, 2015, 11:40:13 PM »
Got an invite to ride a 38' cabo Saturday. This boat was just sick. Completely rigged for the fish kill adventure.

Bait at 5'o dark outa O'side and on we go. Not 10 minutes out we centerline a buoy and prop it. Clunk clunk clunk the port engine sounds like sh!t.

Run it reverse, forward, reverse, forward and sounds like the funk is clear - wow. Thought the trip was over as soon as it begun. Engines sounded great the entire rest of the day, so figured some buoy parts were just caught up. Sorry O'Side ... LOL ....

On to fishing. Gray light had us searching for life. Found some ponies and trolled for nada. Later passed by a GIANT dorsal fin about 50yrds off. Had to be a large GW or Mako. Really big Jaws like fin!!!

Found a paddy around 730 and picked up a 25-30lb YFT first cast. Nice fish and had them boiling around the boat. Couldn't get another to go, and the life sunk out so we moved on. (FIRST CAST CURSE)

Short story- ran down the 15 mile line, then out to the 182, then back up to the 181. Stopped on some 20-30 paddys along the way ... every 500 yards all the way up the line. Nothing home at all except a few small dorados here and there. I've never seen so many paddies to begin with ... but couldn't get the fish up. Saw marks EVERYWHERE. Chunked, threw live dines, threw flat falls, dropper loop, rubber core, even baited chunk on the drop, slow trolled around them dines, Halcos, feathers, cedar plugs .. nothing brought them up. Awe well.

Went fishing, caught little, but got to ride one of the sweatest boats i've been on yet. Thing friggen MOVED ...

Thanks Dale, thanks Paul, ....

We'll get em next time!

WMB
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 11:45:58 PM by WheresMyBeer »

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: It's a big ocean 8/1/15
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 04:38:22 AM »
I feel your pain.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 04:57:13 PM »
Since the Boma is out of commission, I feel a little bit better now. :-[

Nice boat by the way! Wow!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 07:23:17 PM »
Weird that all these fish still have lockjaw  :o
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)